[Barrelfish-users] Moving to git

Kornilios Kourtis kornilios.kourtis at inf.ethz.ch
Fri Oct 24 11:37:03 CEST 2014

Hi all,

For some time now we have been using git internally for Barrelfish. It
was a gradual change that started with people using git on their own together
with tools such as git-remote-hg to synchronize to our internal hg tree.
Now, we are at the point where ETH development is done exclusively on git
and whenever we do a release we push our changes to the public hg
repository.

Hence, we are considering moving the public repository to git. This
change will significantly simplify the release process on our side.

Before making the decision to move, however, we would like to know if
there are people out there that are going to be negatively affected by
such a change. Please let us know if that's the case. If nobody
complains, it is highly likely that on our next release is going to be on
git.

cheers,
Kornilios.

--