[Barrelfish-users] About CPU performance

Simon Peter speter at inf.ethz.ch
Fri Feb 6 20:47:24 CET 2015

I'm also suspecting that it might just be jittery CPU emulation speed
that's getting you different results. Barrelfish's usleep ultimately
uses sys_debug_get_tsc_per_ms, so your 2 ways might actually be the
same. Barrelfish measures CPU speed at bootup, but it's very bad at
figuring it out correctly on QEMU. I'm not sure what the best way is to
get accurate results on QEMU.