[Barrelfish-users] About CPU performance

Simon Peter speter at inf.ethz.ch
Sat Feb 7 20:51:58 CET 2015

What I mean is that in order to measure performance in terms of
execution time (as I can glance from your previous email that had
results in it), you first need a notion of time. Barrelfish's notion of
time is off on QEMU. Hence, you might be seeing wrong results.

We have compared Barrelfish to Linux performance on bare-metal hardware
in various papers, such as our SOSP paper.