[Barrelfish-users] Running the simulator.c program on Barrelfish

Simon Gerber simon.gerber at inf.ethz.ch
Mon Mar 23 16:20:06 CET 2015

Hi Kevin,

I'm not sure what you mean by being able to run any files outside the
usr/example folder.

The simulator.c program in schedsim is a simulator for our OS scheduler that
is intended to be run on Linux.  To run it, you can do the following in a
build tree:

make schedsim-check

The include file barrelfish_kpi/capbits.h is generated by the capabilities DSL
compiler and can be found in

/path/to/build/tree/x86_64/include/barrelfish_kpi/capbits.h

However the scheduler simulator is not the main component of Barrelfish,
usually we run a selection of programs which can be found in usr/tests/ or
usr/ on Barrelfish either in qemu or on real hardware.

Hope this helps,
-- Simon