[Barrelfish-users] Native running Barrelfish

Timothy Roscoe troscoe at inf.ethz.ch
Sun Oct 4 18:12:17 CEST 2015

Dear Mahdi,

It looks like you've hit a problem with out ACPI code.   Barrelfish's
ACPI support is based on the Intel reference ACPI implementation,
which expects a set of glue functions to be provided by the OS.

ACPI is pretty big, and the Intel reference code requires quite a lot
of OS support, often with some implicit assumptions about where it's
running. 'NYI' stands for "Not Yet Implemented", and almost certainly
means that we didn't need this particular function to get ACPI up on
all the machines we've tried ourselves over the years.  Your HP
machine is apparently using more of ACPI's functionality.

Someone with more knowledge of the guts of ACPI support can probably
reply with more information, but it looks like the solution is to
implement AcpiOsSignal.

Anyone else have some suggestions?

Best regards,

 -- Mothy