[Barrelfish-users] Questions: How to run GDB on Barrelfish (both QEMU and ARM Pandaboard)?

Timothy Roscoe troscoe at inf.ethz.ch
Wed Jun 14 09:56:16 CEST 2017

Dear Jingmei,

As you've discovered, the documentation is somewhat out of date...

The target 'debugsim' was part of a file called 'symbolictargets.mk',
which we no longer use - most of what it does has been superceded by
platforms/Hakefile.

The bottom line: build a Makefile for x86_64 (and any other
architecture you care for), and type:

 make help-boot

- and you should see a target listed 'qemu_x86_64_debug', which is
probably what you want.

'make help' lists various handy high-level make targets, and also
tells you what architectures your tree is configured for.

Hope this helps,

 - Mothy