[Barrelfish-users] Barrelfish Cluster

Schwyn Daniel daniel.schwyn at inf.ethz.ch
Wed Mar 31 16:29:12 CEST 2021

Hi Mikel,

Spanning Barrelfish across an entire rack was always the idea. However, nobody ended up actually trying it. So in principal this should be absolutely possible but some parts of the implementation probably make assumptions that don’t hold or would at least need to be verified in a rack-scale setting. An example would be assumptions about transport reliability and latencies that implementations of the consensus protocols between OS nodes make.
We don’t have any active efforts in that direction, at least not here at ETH Zürich.

Best,
Daniel