[ETH Diversity] AVETH Diversity Team invites you to the "Academic Ableism: Shaping Future Academia for Disability Inclusion" Webinar!

Miriam Filippi miriam.filippi at srl.ethz.ch
Mi Mai 15 23:26:34 CEST 2024

Dear Diversity enthusiasts,

Disability affects life, work, and education in academia: let's learn about it and let's find new ways to keep our workplaces at the forefront of inclusivity.

Join us for the "Academic Ableism: Shaping Future Academia for Disability Inclusion" Webinar!

In this workshop, three renowned experts from different academic institutions will guide us in understanding the impact of ableism at the University and the disability-related barriers that limit the development of educational and professional paths in scientific careers.

WHEN? Wednesday, May 22nd, 2024 - 14:00-15:30
WHERE? ONLINE https://ethz.zoom.us/j/69700720175

- 14:00. Prof. Sally Lindsay (University of Toronto) - Addressing ableism in academia: experiences and impact of ableism among faculty and staff
- 14:30. Prof. Jay Dolmage (Waterloo University) - Academic Ableism and its Alternatives
- 15:00. Prof. Jonathan Levitt (Wolverhampton University) - Barriers to academic employment due to disability

We will learn how to design accessible environments (such as classrooms and campuses) and we will discover inclusive learning technologies and strategies for education, academic exchange, and professional development. Let's create a more inclusive future together!

If you would like to participate, please REGISTER HERE: https://forms.gle/ybnNREFtYDY27orQ8
For any questions, feel free to contact us. Looking forward to learning with you, we wish you a wonderful diversity-embracing future,

Sincerely,

The organizers,
Miriam (AVETH Diversity Coordinator; miriam.filippi at srl.ethz.ch) and Tatiana (AVETH Diversity Deputy Coordinator; tatiana.akhmetshina at mat.ethz.ch)

Dr. Miriam Filippi | Senior Scientist | Soft Robotics Lab | ETH Zurich
http://srl.ethz.ch | miriam.filippi at srl.ethz.ch |  |linkedin.com/in/miriam-filippi-4765341a8/ | https://srl.ethz.ch/the-group/people/miriam-filippi.html