[Oberon] Failure of Ethernet connection.

peter_easthope at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca peter_easthope at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca
Sat Jun 4 19:52:40 CEST 1994

I hope this isn't completely uninteresting
to everyone.

Long ago I mentioned a problem with the Ethernet
connection failing.  The time from system
startup to failure of the connection appeared
to be distributed from a few minutes to several
hours; could be Poisson.  Swapping parts between
two machines demonstrates that the problem is
associated with a specific system board.
Since wiggling some of the socket mounted chips
a few days ago, the connection has failed only
once.  The failure of the clock to report
any year other than 2094 also suggests a hardware
problem.

So I've concluded that the Oberon 3Com driver is
fine and the time has come to get a better
system board.

Regards,       P.

     http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/