Re.[Oberon] reinstalled hacked V24.Mod

cglur at onwe.co.za cglur at onwe.co.za
Wed Jul 24 20:25:37 CEST 2002

Ghost wrote:
> I opend V24.Mod to edit the file and re-save it, so I guess the
> answer is yes I do know how to open a file?

If you change it before you save it, this would be even more of a test ?

> >      Try mid-press, right-press, mid-release.
>
> [...]
>
> > > Q: How do I read "Tutorial" and/or "Docu" from either the
> > > standard interface or Gadgets?
> > >
> > As I wrote just 'look' at the file name to open the file.
> > Some texts need Desktops.OpenDoc ^ (pre-select the file name)
> > to open in the proper format.
>
> I thought I was doing this?  I got empty boxes with no text in them.

OK, if the text frame (which shows its name at the left of its menu
frame) is empty, then it means you have opened a 'null' file.
I.e. mouse was pointing to a token like "boxes" which is not the
name of a current file.

Well the "Tutorial" and/or "Docu" are just text files the same as
V24.Mod . If you managed to open and read V24.Mod , then do the
same with some of the *.Text files.

Method 1. Eg. use Edit.Open <fileName>.Text , where you
execute (i.e. Mid-Mouse on the command "Edit.Open") and fill
in the actual <fileName> as it appears in your directory listing.

2. Alternatively (and better - less error prone, time wasting typing),
you select one or more characters from the begining of the
<fileName> .Text immediately in your directory listing.

3. Alternatively (and best) just point at the <fileName> .Text
in your directory listing (or any appearance of the file name)
and do: mid-press, right-press, mid-release.

If the opened text frame's lines 'overflow', then it needs
Script.Open ^   or Desktops.OpenDoc ^   instead of Edit.Open ^

As I remember some tutorial files are available before you
un-archive the main set of tutorials - using the provided
de-archiver.  Look for something like Arc.Tool - it's different
with alpha, and I've forgoten how beta was.

Write me direct if you have problems.  cglur at onwe.co.za

-- Chris Glur.