[Oberon] Minimal hardware requirements

Lisias Toledo lisias at unforgettable.com
Fri Jul 26 02:23:56 CEST 2002

muller at inf.ethz.ch wrote:

> Is anyone here using Oberon on less than 800x600x8?  Or less than a 486dx?
> (Or would like to?)

Well, I still use a laptop with a 486dlc, VGA Monochrome and 4 megabytes
of memory... 8-P

Would be very nice using Oberon on it. I didn't that yet because the
486dlc doesn't have a coprocessor, so someone (maybe me) must couple the
copro-emulator on Install before I can do that.

I know things will be a bit slow, but frankly : can't be worst than
Minix or even Linux 2.0 (Good Lord... 8-) I had tried before.

I was considering Linux 0.99 when I meet Oberon... 8-)

--
[]s,
(Pink at Manaus.Amazon.Brazil.America.Earth.SolarSystem.OrionArm.MilkyWay.Universe)

Liberdade não é um esforço individual.
A sua só existe se vc garantir a dos outros!

Vapour : The Software's natural state.