[Oberon] connect to ISP via dialup PPP with BlueBottle, how ?

wdbh sequitur at sonic.net
Mon Jul 29 05:55:02 CEST 2002

Edgar Schwarz said this:

> Should at most be a matter of a day to provide for the basic functionality.
> This would mean getting some data in text fields of a panel and then
> merge it in
> Oberon.Text. Also naturally for changing an existing connection it
> should be
> possible to read data from Oberon.Text.
> Perhaps when I'm fed up with a serious problem I would do something easy
> for a while.
> OTHO if somebody would write such a panel I would happily include it in
> a new release.
> If you want the existing stuff for Bluebottle have a look at
> http://www.edgarschwarz.de/oberon.
> There you will find esaos.PPP.1.0.a.zip (63K). Any feedback welcome.

     Thank you very much, I will look at this material when I find time,
but am I to take this to mean that the answer to my question is no,
there is no plan to equip BlueBottle with an internet wizard? Frankly,
that makes about as much sense to me as expecting BMW owners to get out
and crank the engine by hand to start it.

    Cheers,
     Bill