[Oberon] Oberon V4 Versus System3

Guenter Feldmann fld at Informatik.Uni-Bremen.DE
Thu Aug 1 17:22:14 CEST 2002

|>   Hi.
|>
|>   Can anyone explain me the diferences between the ETH's System 3 we are
|>   using know and the V4 that seems to be orphaned by now?
|>
|>   I couldn't managed to find a place where V4 is explained, neither one
|>   with a comparison or something like that.
|>
|>   Links like http://www.math.tau.ac.il/~guy/Oberon/ explains what is
|>   Oberon, and are plenty of System 3 documentation... But I don't found
|>   anything specific to V4...

                       Oberon

                      Oberon V2

           --------------+---------------
           |                             |
           v                             v
       Oberon V4                  Oberon System 3 (1.0)

                                        S3 2.3.x  (NO + ports for Win, Mac,
Unix(Linux))

                                 renamed to ETH Oberon

                                         v                v
                                        ???           Aos, Bluebottle

I hope this helps a little.

-- Guenter

--
Guenter Feldmann		EMail:  G.Feldmann at informatik.Uni-Bremen.de
FB 3, Informatik