[Oberon] small 640x480x4 displays

Charles Angelich cangelich at famvid.com
Sun Aug 11 16:00:52 CEST 2002

My install: Oberon Sys 3 Native/Beta 08.12.00 within one large
DOS FAT file on drive C:

A suggestion to Pieter about keeping ETH Oberon Native as useable
for as many people as possible might be to autoselect the use of
Oberon8.Scn.Fnt rather than the default Oberon10.Scn.Fnt used now
when the install "sees" a user selecting one of the 640x480 video
drivers?  With my 640x480 display Oberon8 font is larger than the
Oberon10 font on my 1024x768 display.

An alternative method would be to include the selection of the default
system font size within Oberon.Text or any appropriate location that
users could easilly modify.

This might avoid the need to recode to keep the text from disappearing
offscreen on the right side of the system track when using System.Tool
or System3.Tool with a 640x480 display driver?

Charles Angelich

The Ghost in the Machine!

DOS and W31 Tech website:
http://www.undercoverdesign.com/dosghost

Stories, poems, music, and photos website:
http://www.undercoverdesign.com/dosghost/faf