[Oberon] Program ? Texts.Replace(T, beg, end, Bufr);

Felix Friedrich friedrich at gsf.de
Mon Aug 12 09:52:41 CEST 2002

At 23:08 09.08.2002 +0200, Friday, Chris wrote:
>I can't see how to use the facilities of Texts.Mod to
>    Texts.Replace(T, beg, end, Bufr);
>because I can't see how to pre-load Bufr.

For good reasons the content of the buffer is hidden to the programmer. You
can create and fill a buffer using a Texts.Writer or use
Texts.Save (note also: Texts.Append, Texts.Insert, Texts.Copy, Texts.Recall)

example1(create a buffer by way of Texts.Writer) :
VAR w: Texts.Writer; buf: Texts.Buffer;
BEGIN
   Texts.OpenWriter(w);
   Texts.WriteString(w,"Teststring");  (* Write whatever you like *)
   Texts.Replace(T,beg,end,w.buf);
END;

example2(create a buffer by way of Texts.Save):
VAR buf: Texts.Buffer;
BEGIN
   Texts.OpenBuf(buf);
   Texts.Save(othertext,beg,end,buf); (* take part of another text *)
   Texts.Replace(T,beg,end,buf);
END;

does that answer your question?
kind regards, Felix.

--

Felix Friedrich

Institut für Biomathematik und Biometrie
GSF - Forschungszentrum für Umwelt und Gesundheit, GmbH
Ingolstädter Landstraße 1, D-85764 Neuherberg

Tel:      ++49 89 3187 2436
email:  friedrich at gsf.de