[Oberon] Re: Oberon digest, Vol 1 #45 - 6 msgs

Stefan Salewski Salewski at PHYSnet.Uni-Hamburg.de
Thu Aug 15 13:55:49 CEST 2002

On 15.08.2002 08:42 Charles Angelich wrote:
> As it displays now the dates don't line up and the sizes don't
> line.  You didn't say WHY the lines should not be broken?  Any
> particular reason you need just one line?

If the width of System.Log is large enough, then the output
of System.Directory with option /D should occupy only one line
for an entry, just to use the available space optimal.

The Viewer of my System.Log (1280 x 1024 Monitor) is width
enough for filename, date and size on one single line.

But I agree with you that dates and file-sizes should not follow
direct after the filename, they should be ordered in columns.
So your solution seems to be indeed an improvement, but it is
not optimal for wide displays.

Regards

  Stefan Salewski