[Oberon] XML for Native/Plugin Oberon Update

John Drake jmdrake_98 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 21 20:06:27 CET 2003

Hello all,

I just wanted to report on my progress of porting
the XML subsystem from BlueBottle to Plugin Oberon.
Now not only did I get AosFS and AosIO to compile
under Plugin Oberon, but I also tested them and
they actually work!  I cut a bunch of stuff out
of AosFS since Plugin Oberon doesn't need to
have it's own file system.  Instead AosFS makes
calls to the standard Files module.  The last
step (cross my fingers) is to remove the
dependency on AosModules.  This is a bit more
problematic than I thought it would be.
CommandProcPar types are used to reference
XML "generator" procedures, but I'm not at
all sure how this works.  Also what was the
rational from moving from parameterless procedure
commands to command procedures that take a
pointer?

Regards,

John M. Drake