[Oberon] WinAosOberon/PluginOberon: Modem connection

Edgar at EdgarSchwarz.de Edgar at EdgarSchwarz.de
Wed Jun 4 14:34:46 CEST 2003

John Drake <jmdrake_98 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've ported most of the XML system over. It seems
> that everything compiles without a hitch!  I suspect
> porting WebDAV will be relatively straightforward
> also.  (Crossing my fingers).  This will also help
> in the XML/WebDAV porting effort to PlugIn/Native
> Oberon.
Sounds good. I hope you are right :-)
To give it a try I downloaded WinAosOberon.
Now I have a dumb question :-)
The first step is to connect to the web. Normally I use my PPP for this.
I guess it's different for PluginOberon/WinAosOberon.
Can I use an existing Windows modem connection and how do I do it ?
Can I connect with Windows to my provider and how can I tell Oberon to
use this connection ?
Sorry to be lazy. But before wasting perhaps a lot of time to find out
I decided to ask the experts.
I'm on W98 on this machine.

Cheers, Edgar

--