[Oberon] Preprocessing

Gérard Meunier gmeunier at club-internet.fr
Wed Jun 18 16:15:37 CEST 2003

Hello Thomas,

Sorry, but this syntax is far from exact. I can give many examples. I just
give one now:

If you read the syntax of OBJECT type, you see that its fields must be given
by VAR declarations, each one being followed by a semicolon, right? But omit
the last semicolon, before an END, and the compiler accepts your omission.
In fact, the right syntax would be a mix of DeclSeq and FieldList; not so
easy to write.

As long as you use only a standard compiler, no real problem. But if you
want to make your own syntactical tools, it's a little tricky.

Regards.

Gérard