[Oberon] Preprocessing

Felix Friedrich friedrich at gsf.de
Wed Jun 18 16:30:27 CEST 2003

>Not so old. In fact I found my first example in the last files of
>antsInFields. But I agree with you: IMHO too, this feature makes sources
>less readable, manually and automatically.

Stil, I have used the feature to have one makefile for all versions
of  Oberon. Sometimes it's harder to keep the makefiles up to date than the
sources. And I have made the following experience: If having all the
different module parts for different versions in one file, it is more
likely, that I don't forget one (of the four!) versions. Maybe I should be
more organized...
But, as the compiler directives are deprecated, I'll remove them in the
next release.

Felix.
--

Felix Friedrich

Institut für Biomathematik und Biometrie
GSF - Forschungszentrum für Umwelt und Gesundheit, GmbH
Ingolstädter Landstraße 1, D-85764 Neuherberg

Tel:      ++49 89 3187 2436
email:  friedrich at gsf.de