[Oberon] Oberon XML aggravation - and solution

Edgar at EdgarSchwarz.de Edgar at EdgarSchwarz.de
Thu Jun 26 01:13:02 CEST 2003

> jmdrake_98 at yahoo.com wrote:
> Anyway I was doing a simple test of building an
> XML object then writing it to the AOSLog using
> the XML Content.Write method.  This worked fine
> under Native BlueBottle, but under the Windows
> version I only got the last line of the XML
> document displayed.  The problem?  Well the
> author of the XML packages used
> AosIO.Write(w, CR) all over the place.  Under
> Native BlueBottle this is fine, but under the
> windows version it should be AosIO.Write(w, CRLF).
> I changed all of these calls to AosIO.Ln(w)
I also mentioned that already to Thomas Frey of ETH.
When I tested with the Linux cadaver WebDAV client I only
saw funny lines in the trace printout. C is taking the
CRs literally as CRs :-)
I changed something in a routine in XML.Mod so that
<property>... some characters ...<property/>
appears on the same line. Ask frey at inf.ethz.ch for the current
version if you are interested.
Also it would be nice to indent the element structure on writing ... :-)

Cheers, Edgar
--
edgar at edgarschwarz.de                  "http://www.edgarschwarz.de"
"http://www.edgar-schwarz.de/forum/oberon"    Running Active Oberon