[Oberon] XMLRPC Implementation

John Drake jmdrake_98 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 28 00:00:33 CEST 2003

--- Thomas Frey <frey at inf.ethz.ch> wrote:
> > My first thought for sending the XML accross the
> net
> > was to implement an AosIO.Writer with an
> > AosTCP.Connection.Send delegate.  But that simply
> > didn't work.
> What is the problem with that ?
> HTTP/FTP/SMTP/QUOTE/etc.
> all use a AosIO Writer on a TCP sonnection. (Did you
> maybe miss
> the AosIO.Writer.Update ?

Ok, I tried it again and this time I was able to write
to the TCP connection using a writer.  This cleaned
up my code some.  One thing that's still weird.  If
I try to send the XML string via xml.Write(writer)
it hangs up.  What I did instead was create a
Send delegate that "writes" the XML to a string
and then I use writer.String(xmlstring).  In a way
I need to do the string coversion anyhow because
I need to pass the length of the XML string to
XMLRPC, so it's not a big deal.  Anyway thanks for
your input.

Regards,

John M. Drake