[Oberon] Partitions.Show failure

Pieter Muller pieter.muller at alumni.ethz.ch
Wed Aug 20 19:26:12 CEST 2003

Vasile Rotaru wrote:

>  I am trying to install NO on a new comp, and after mid-clicking on
>Partitions.Show it barfs on me with "error 9". Any suggestions?
>
>  The disk is a WDC WD200BB-00DEA0 model (18 GB), and was partioned with Debian cfdisk.
>
>  Or has is anything to do with the BIOS settings (LBA, NORMAL...)?

In ATADisks.Mod: 9    dma transfer error

Perhaps there is some bus master issue on this machine.  Try disabling
bus mastering (DMA) in the driver by setting config string ATABM="0".

Sending the output of System.OpenKernelLog might help diagnose the problem.

BIOS settings shouldn't really make a difference to this issue.

-- Pieter