[Oberon] Files - search | Edit.

Thomas Frey frey at inf.ethz.ch
Wed Nov 19 21:16:34 CET 2003

> I've got Fat partitions mounted in NO, but it's not the best solution,
> because it's not NO's native FileSystem and you can't boot from a Fat or
> Linux partition without formating a "File-Partition" with AosFS.
> But ok, you don't really need directories in the boot-partition. Was
> just an idea.

You could mount a AosFS filesystem in a big file stored on any FAT(32)
partition. --> See the Oberon for Dummies release for details. (This
feature has not (yet) been integrated into Bluebottle)
You can also boot from a FAT partition but the startup will be very slow
because there will be too many files in one directory for the filesystem
to handle efficiently (there is no B-Tree structure in FAT directories).

--Thomas