[Oberon] Re: V4-folding, Version Elements / Literate Programming

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Thu Nov 20 21:24:08 CET 2003

Treutwein Bernhard wrote:

> See: http://www.literateprogramming.com/

> and even more in the Oberon world:=20
> Reverse Literate Programming=20
> by Markus Knasm=FCller (http://www.literateprogramming.com/rlp.pdf
> or http://www.ssw.uni-linz.ac.at/Research/Projects/RevLitProg/
> and (sorrily the author vaporized and it is very Mac
> specific) "Folds are not enough" by Mayson G. Lancaster
> http://www.oberon.ch/services/odf/tribune/trib3/Outliner.html
>
> and the extension to V4 fold-elements called=20
> version elements (search for "Version elements"
> on http://www.ssw.uni-linz.ac.at/Services/Downloads/#oberon

This is very exciting stuff.

Manual code entry like we did it in the 70's is punishment for typists.
Watson is a very succesful tool in the right direction.
My newly discovered outlines-gadgets seems to offer great
improvement possibilities.

FTP.Open  ftp.ssw.uni-linz.ac.at/ = connecting failed
  at present. Perhaps it will work tomorrow.

Hopefully we can leaverage some of the work from V4 to use in
S3 ?

Thanks,

== Chris Glur.

PS. my oberon at inf.ethz.ch postings are going off the rails.
I don't know what has been posted and what is still pending.
Did I post that :