[Oberon] What does Char(hexA7) look like ?

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Wed Dec 3 15:08:11 CET 2003

Often I get text from the net (via email) which has an unrendered
char.  Via the Hex.Tool I've found that this character has value HexA7.
My documentation re. 'full ISO 8859-1 table' shows:
&brkbar;
section sign                   §     A7   § --> §   §     -->

I want to update my renamed Oberon10.Scn.Fnt to render this
char, but I don't know what it looks like.
We should be able to see all ISO 8859-1 characters ?

I've just wasted an hour copying a char(A7) [via fd0] to linux:netscape
(I can't find a linux hex-editor).  But nescape [as set up] also doesn't
render this char.

Unless we have a mechanism, which allows collaborators to make
fine-grained (considered by some as trivial) corrections/refinements,
the 'bad-underline-char-type-entropy' will accumulate, as more
applications are added; until n-o sinks.

 == Chris Glur.

PS.
As previously noted: for each collaborator to hack away privately,
repeating what is done by others is not to be encouraged.
Consequently I have no intention to do 'my own private research'
to constuct a basic HOW2 for WebDAV.