[Oberon] C2O

Douglas G. Danforth danforth at greenwoodfarm.com
Tue Dec 30 19:36:30 CET 2003

shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca wrote:

> Have you ever seen an EBNF specification of
> C or C++?  I have not and am not even sure
> it is feasible to make.  In any case, you
> probably want to have that before making a
> c2p.
 > Regards,     Peter E.

I have a BNF version for C (copied from the net) which I eventually will
use to create a C2O (various versions of Oberon).

I am currently working on a FORTRAN to Oberon translator but don't hold
your breath.

I have modified Coco/R (Hanspeter Mössenböck) and am looking at a
different front end for the scanner based on a parallel search algorthm
that generates a finite state machine (similar to Coco's but one that I
can control more directly).  This algorithm was developed by a student
of Donald Knuth's back in 1977.

I hope to make available the FORTRAN translator for the high energy
physics community at CERN.

But again, this is a low level background project that I get to when I
find some free time.

-Doug