Re (2): [Oberon] PSPrinter.Mod

shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca
Wed May 5 01:10:51 CEST 2004

Bernhard,

b> To the best of my remembrance ... Ctrl-D should
not be harmful if it is not required, ...

Do the manuals for the new PostScript
printers mention this?  There is a LaserJet
4P manual here.  In a troubleshooting table,
page 8-16, "end-of-job" is mentioned.
Seems that all PostScript printers might use
04X to signal end-of-job and the machines at
the ETH have AUTO-CONTINUE set on.  That way
the job is assumed finished after a time-out,
and there is no error.  A sloppy way.  Better
to send the 04X properly.

When there is time to spare I'll look to see
what is involved in putting a parameter in
Oberon.Text.  Tips are welcome.

Thanks,             Peter

       http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/