[Oberon] WinAos on a network

John Stout jstout at cusp.co.uk
Thu May 20 00:34:16 CEST 2004

As part of my plan to get Oberon, specifically WinAos, adopted at my college
for teaching programming, I would like to set things up so that WinAos works
on our network. This is Windows based, mainly XP. On logging on a user gets
an N: drive which is mapped to their home directory. Since the network
people are creating a new clone image I can arrange for WinAos to be
installed locally on all the C: drives, and I can put a new Oberon.Text and
Aos.Text in this folder with N:/Work rather than just Work in the
directories sections.

Has anyone done anything like this? I assume I will need to create a Work
directory in each Computing student's home directory with a minimal Aos.Text
and Oberon.Text. The desktop shortcut will specify N:\Work as the startup
directory.

John Stout

---