[Oberon] Re: Text search is THE main task.

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Sun Jun 13 20:16:44 CEST 2004

John Drake wrote:-
--- snip --
> Anyway if you look in RX.Tool you will see that
> RX has a "Grep" command.  As it is designed it
> will allow you to return all of the lines from
> a particular file that fits a search pattern.
> It would be trivial to extend it to search
> mulitple files.

Well as I've indicated, 'Find' already does multiple
files, and it would be trivial for someone [ELSE ;-]
to extend it to search for a set of strings [in any
order] all contained in some of a set of files.

I don't find the regular-expression facility usefull
in this context.  I've never used it with google.  Nor
do I know if google has decided it's worth offering.

Recently is was VERY important for me to find a press article.
I selected 5 key words, and google found it.
So I love google and I want to evolve-refine my local file searching
facilities towards what google has PROVEN to be of value.

Gérard wrote:-
> The module RegulFindApi is an API for Regul that one can use
> to program his
> own application. So it is possible to search regular expressions
> from any
> data flow. The module is self-documented.
Thanks, if/when I've got time I'll investigate deeper.
Right now I need a cheap & quick solution, as does

Edgar  who wrote:_
> The problem is that I have to find WebNavigator first. I'm sure it's still
> somewhere on my disk :-)

I believe that ascii-text is ascii-text inside of *.Obj ?

Thanks,

== Chris Glur.