[Oberon] WebDAV upload problems

edgar at edgarschwarz.de edgar at edgarschwarz.de
Fri Jun 18 23:41:19 CEST 2004

John Drake <jmdrake_98 at yahoo.com>
> > I saw that you tried to upload XMLRPC.Mod to
> > webdav.ethz.ch and that you
> > didn't succeed. The file only has 512 bytes and half
> > of them are junk.
> > I assume that there are still problems somewhere in
> > TCP/IP which are probably
> > also the cause of the FTP problems discussed
> > recently.
> I had forgotten about that!  Well I tried to upload
> again today.  (Using MS Explorer "web folders" this
> time).  I got to 1.2K!  (The file is actually 5K).
> Still that's progress. ;)  Then I went back to
> Win Aos.  It took 3 attempts, but I got it up!
> Attempt 1: 512 bytes
> Attempt 2: 4K then garbage
> Attempt 3: 5K and fine!
You see, these are the software problems I like most :-)
Software that's working sometimes :-(
Nevertheless I suppose I have to give it a try soon.
Which will probably mean logging packets with timestamps at my home machine which
wants to upload and doing something similar at the WebDAV receiving end at
webdav.ethz.ch where I must do it probably at the WebDAV level because I can't
just change the IP stack on this machine.

Regards, Edgar