Re (2): [Oberon] Bluebottle/NO and PCMCIA networking

edgar at edgarschwarz.de edgar at edgarschwarz.de
Sat Jul 17 09:39:15 CEST 2004

> ETH Oberon and related systems <oberon at inf.ethz.ch> writes:
> > To be of any use I would need to connect it via a PCMCIA card to my LAN.
> There has never been any work on PCMCIA that I've heard of
So this means a laptop can only connected to a network if it already has an
builtin network card ?

> You could use PPP over a null modem cable to your Linux machine.
A possible scenario is that two boys sit before two Windows PCs connected by LAN
to a DSL router.
So the question is whether it's possible without too much work to use this
internet access somehow by connecting the laptop to one of the PCs using the
serial interface ?

Cheers, Edgar

--
edgar at edgarschwarz.de,       Running Bluebottle           www.edgarschwarz.de
      Make it as simple as possible, but not simpler !  Albert Einstein