[Oberon] Re. Oberon database application framework

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Fri Aug 20 14:23:46 CEST 2004

Dan Parnete wrote:-

> I have written all the day a dam UserGuide document. Four pages, and it
> takes me all the day.

Some things in life you have to do yourself - take the punishment.
This is NOT one of them.
The whole value of collaborative projects is that you can just
write a rough-few-words and 'throw it out'.
The next collaborator(s) can add some value to it, and throw it to
the next.....etc.
Hence via several steps of successive refinement, one uses division
of labour [different persons have different skills/knowledge] and
builds the product with minimum total effort.

> I'm not done for writing documentation. And
> probably I mess a lot of important details. I hope it will be useful. I
> have tried to access the WebDav but probably I need a client I don't
> have.
>
> So I posted the  DpsAF_190804.zip file on an ftp site:

If you were familiar with n-o you would NOT chose the
"underline char" in an identifier.

>     ftp://82.186.239.82
>     User: dan
>     Password: parnete

Does any one know how User:, Password:  map to:
FTP.Tool  ->
NetSystem.SetUser ftp:user at host ~	Set password for private ftp.
Desktops.OpenDoc "ftp://user@host"	Private ftp to user at host.
   or
NetSystem.SetUser ftp:user at host ~	Set password for private ftp.

??

> You need Internet Explorer to have the login window opened.

No !! Dependance on IE is not acceptable.

== Chris Glur.   easlab at absamail.co.za