[Oberon] Re: QEMU

Jack Johnson knapjack at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 20:16:37 CEST 2004

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 18:00:22 +0400, Soren Renner <srenner at mail.ru> wrote:
> Thanks, knapjack, for tipping me to QEMU. Let us arrange to have a Bluebottle image at the FreeOSZoo homepage http://www.freeoszoo.org/download.php . I'll try to install QEMU today.

Great idea!  I'll try to get one together today!

Also, because QEMU is running over X11, I keep coming back to all the
fun things you could do with Bluebottle now: VNC retaining
Bluebottle's scalable desktop, remote X clients, ThinStation or LTSP
to older hardware unsupported by Bluebottle.

Not necessarily in the Oberon spirit, but in terms of getting it out
to a wider audience, setting up training opportunities, accessing your
own projects remotely or from another OS on the same
workstation...it's an interesting combo.

QEMU is also working on PowerPC emulation, so knowing the rest should
work might make a future PowerPC port easier.

-Jack