Re (2): [Oberon] qemu:access existing partitions

Jack Johnson knapjack at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 04:58:14 CEST 2004

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 23:40:20 +0200 (MEST), edgar at edgarschwarz.de
<edgar at edgarschwarz.de> wrote:
> Did that, but Partitions.Show didn't find anything about IDE#0.
> Is it necessary to be root ?
> When I tried it with root I got a black screen because it seems that root doesn't
> have an Xserver set up.
> So how did you succeed ?

I'm afraid I don't have a Bluebottle partition on the same box as
Linux, but it should work.  I'll try to fish up another drive and see
what I can cobble together.

I think you've caught the problem, though.  Just as you had to make
/dev/hda1 world-readable, you may need to do the same to /dev/hda.

Or, try using sudo, if you have it installed and configured.

If it's some locking/blocking problem accessing that device directly,
I suspect you'll see something in kern.log or dmesg.

-Jack