[Oberon] Re: Oberon for Mac OS X 10.3?

Jon Kleiser jon.kleiser at usit.uio.no
Tue Oct 26 09:58:26 CEST 2004

>Am Sonntag, 24. Oktober 2004 20:09 schrieb Tim McLarnan:
>>  Friends,
>>
>>  I was an active Oberon user 10 years ago, and am now looking at the
>>  system again after a number of years away from it.
>>
>>  I wonder what the status of Oberon for Mac OS X is?
>
>Please try the new upcoming release and give me feedback if you have
>any trouble with it:
>
>    ftp://ftp.informatik.uni-bremen.de/home/fld/oberon/test
>
>In this version the Threads extension is enabled for the MacOS port too.
>To be able to use the Threads you  have to do the following after the
>normal installation:

Is a "normal installation" anything else than just unpacking? When I
try this ...

$ cd /Users/jkleiser/ppc.darwinOberon24sys
$ ./macx.oberon

... I get this:

Oberon Loader 19.01.2003
file Glue.Obj not found
file Console.Obj not found
file Threads.Obj not found
file Unix.Obj not found
file Kernel.Obj not found
could not load 'Kernel', terminating

I have confirmed that all these .Obj files exist in the obj directory.

/Jon