Re (2): [Oberon] NIC in BB

shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca
Thu Dec 30 07:54:02 CET 2004

Thomas, Dan,

dp> It works with the Crazy Fresh of 24 nov., ...

OK, I am grappling with "current".  Is dysfunction
of the network via 3C905 plausible for "current"?

tf> ... CD image ...

There is no CD burner here; I need to boot the
zip file.  Seems that I can put AosCD.zip in
the AOS partition as Xmas04AosCD.zip and
adjust Aos.Par thusly.

	BootVol1=RAM RamFS 8000 4096
	BootVol2=AOS AosFS IDE0#03
	BootVol3=ZIP ZipFS | Xmas04AosCD.zip
	RamFS=AosRAMVolumes.New AosDiskFS.NewFS
	AosFS=AosDiskVolumes.New AosDiskFS.NewFS
	ZipFS=NIL AosZipFS.NewFS

Any tips before I try this?

A couple of small auxiliary questions.

I've been testing the network using Desktops.OpenDoc
in the Oberon embedded in BB.  Is there a way to test
directly in BB?

Should the domain name in Aos.Par include the
machine name?  Ie.,
Domain="king.pathology.ubc.ca"
vs.
Domain="pathology.ubc.ca"