[Oberon] Re: Blackbox open source available (Douglas G. Danforth)

Paul Reed paulreed at paddedcell.com
Fri Dec 31 12:12:53 CET 2004

> From: "Douglas G. Danforth" <danforth at greenwoodfarm.com>
> Subject: [Oberon] Blackbox open source available

> I like the Blackbox/Component Pascal interface.  The source code has now
> been released.  I'd be interested in hearing comments about porting that
> code to the Native Oberon environment.  That is, call those functions of
> native that replace MS Windows calls and still retain the look and feel
> of Blackbox while running on Native and hence extend the platforms on
> which Blackbox will run.

Or, how about doing it as a web-based interface?

ETH people, is there any research going on in browser-based (i.e. operating
system neutral) 3rd-generation language development environments?

It looked touch-and-go a few years ago, but operating system diversity
seems to be here to stay now :)

Happy New Year Everyone!

Paul Reed