No subject

Mon Sep 26 12:49:38 CEST 2005

> ....Sending [ATM1]
> Waiting 60s for [CONNECT] {|ATD 3407501|ATM1||CONNECT}
> Calling [PPPMain.StartInst PPP 2nm4nx6x at za]
> ---- up to here is OK, then the following 2 lines do not occur:
> End of script
> IPCP is finally ready. Device opened.
    by software forcing a 'fail' (eg. a time out waiting for KeyBrdIn)
at the various 'states' in the failure range, as indicated in the above
trace; and confirming that NetSystem.SetUser <args> can/cannot
re-run, will locate the problem. Ie. at which state(s) does a failure not
reset/initialise, hence not allowing a new NetSystem.SetUser <args> ?

Personally I don't favour this empirical method, and prefer a well
understood/documented theoretical model which can be analysed.

> Chris, before collecting the log you might
> compile in my modification which numbers
> frames.  This will allow any discussion, between
> you and Edgar for example, to refer to "frame n".
> That should be easier than saying "Look at the
> frame containing this hex string '...'".
> I don't remember which module but it is
> described in my PPPnotes Web page.

Hacking down at the low level, without the supporting overview
understanding is not recommended.  I first need to get an overview.

PS. this tread now deal with 3 related topics:
1. V24.Panel can't run after NetSystem.SetUser <args> runs, because
     of initialisation problems.
2. NetSystem.SetUser <args> can't re-run, when it fails at certain
  state(s) (as must be allowed for) because of initialisation problems ?
3.  Maintainers/contributors need documentation re. multi-tasking
   for S3.

-- Chris Glur.

PS. Edgar uses the term "interrupt", where I say "failure".
 Ie. when the (serial port, modem) ppp-connection fails.
Even for ones which are rare, such 'failures' must be catered for.
That's the main design philosophy of the internet.