[Oberon] VBE 3.0 in Bluebottle

Jack Johnson knapjack at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 21:31:34 CET 2005

I have a motherboard with onboard video (SIS315-based) and when the
video initializes it comes up in the lowest supported refresh rate,
which always seems to be interlaced.

I dug around a few of the modules and I see that I can specify a
vertical refresh rate using a VBE 3.0 string, and it *seems* to imply
that a 4-digit Init value can specify a VBE 3.0 setting, though I
still see the long xInit string.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  I'd like to have a string
that I can use when booting from the CD for testing various hardware
without doing an install.  Something like 1024x768x16 @ 75Hz would be
great.

-Jack