[Oberon] demo refresh

John Drake jmdrake_98 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 28 17:27:53 CET 2005

http://www.bluebottle.ethz.ch/contributions/sr/sr012705Ray.Arc

> Yes, it is another exciting demo.

Soren, this is by far the best demo you've
released, and possibly the best Oberon 3-D
demo I've seen!  I can get 5 fps in normal
mode and 12 fps in foveated mode.  The
mirrored spheres are impressive, and having
a "Life" sim running in the tiles is a nice
touch.  I've been thinking more (and
experimenting with) doing a "stand along"
Windows version and I think it's possible.
I'll let you know more as I go along.
Also this demo gave me an idea of a game
that could be built off of it.  There was
an Atari game in the 80s called
"BallBlaster".  It featured two hovercraft
riding on a 3D plane playing a version of
1 on 1 soccer.

(See: http://www.langston.com/LFGames/)

And updated raytraced version could be a
hit among "retro" gamers.

Regards,

John M. Drake