[Oberon] Oberon-V?

Felix Friedrich friedrich at gsf.de
Thu Feb 17 08:43:37 CET 2005

Hi John, Hi Jack,

I'd be also very interested to see Oberon-V like extensions in
(Win)Aos/Bluebottle. In fact, the vector operations of CAPO, for
example, do suffer (w.r.t. speed) exactly from not having fast operator
overloading and fast array access in other dimensions than 1. I have
tried to circumvent these problems by doing a lot of access routines in
assembler, but the calling overhead for procedures is too time consuming
in the end. I do know that some other people have the same concerns.

Felix.