[Oberon] n-o PPP modifications

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Tue Feb 22 20:42:03 CET 2005

------------------------------
To: peter_easthope at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca

From: Mailer-Daemon at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca
Sorry. Your message could not be delivered to:

peter easthope (The name was not found at the remote site. Check that the
name has been entered correctly.)
------------------------------
Hello Peter,

      since your 'test the modified version' procedures were
well written, I recently fetched your *.Mod for PPP.

As I rember some new sources, for eg. dial-back, exist which
I didn't fetch.

I can't see immediately from your notes if you try to address
[or even acknowledge] my perceived problem of difficulty
re-dialing when the previous call was aborted unexpectedly.
I've described this as if the FSM doesn't reset when it get's
left in an unexpected state.  This is one of the the problems which
I was hoping that your modifications had fixed.

Because of my own "@ problem", I'm aware that I need my own
private-patch, but as I remember this is in NetSystem.Mod , so
the patch would still exist after overloading with your new code.

Well, I was not able to log-in.
But before I spend time to investigate if my "@ patch" integrates
into your code, I'd want to know if your code even intends to fix
the 'FSM doesn't reset' problem, described above.

Thanks,

== Chris Glur.

PS. as I remember, your code too, only traces the "timeouts"
[ I think there are 10], on the first run after reboot.
This suggests that code doesn't 'reset' to the same state
as the initail re-load after boot, for each redial. Eg. some
global variable is retained ?