[Oberon] Installing Native Oberon

Marius Amado Alves amado.alves at netcabo.pt
Tue Apr 12 15:45:16 CEST 2005

Hi.
I'm new to Oberon.
I've read the manuals.
I'm trying to install Native Oberon.
First I tried to install Bluebottle but all attempts failed.
Now I'm trying to install Native Oberon.
The process associated with floppy 0 seemingly completes, but then the
machine does not boot from the hard disk.
The hard disk has an old installation of Linux (Debian) with LILO.
The LILO prompt continues to show, and starts Linux, even though I have
deleted the partition before installing Oberon!
To delete the partition I'm using a Linux live CD (Gentoo) and fdisk.
What am I missing?
I want to install Native Oberon exclusively on this machine, no LILO.
How do I get rid of LILO?
Do I have to erase the old Linux installation? How?
The machine has a dual Pentium.
Thanks a lot.
--Marius