[Oberon] Error 155: Exp is no longer visible.

Thomas Frey frey at inf.ethz.ch
Thu May 5 20:51:46 CEST 2005

jan verhoeven schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> If I try to compile the example 'RandomNumbers' (chapter 2, "Programming in
> Oberon") with the Beta release I get the error
>
> 	'Exp is no longer visible'
> 	'pos 0 err 155  generation of new symbol file not allowed'
>
> I get this same error when compiling other sources too.

It means you have changed the interface of the module in a way that it
might be incompatible with other modules importing it. (In your case the
Exp procedure is no longer visible to other modules)

You can use
Compiler.Compile \s RandomNumbers.Mod ~
or
PC.Compile \s RandomNumbers.Mod ~ (on Bluebottle)

to ignore the warning and change the Interface. You then need to
recompile all modules that are depending on the module with the changed
interface.

--Thomas