[Oberon] TUI on the new WinAos 6/05

Felix Friedrich friedrich at gsf.de
Wed Jul 6 10:00:25 CEST 2005

Hallo Bruno,

> I installed the new WinAos on Windows and I want work with the old TUI-System. The installation-link on the setup document does'nt functioning.

In fact, the command Packages.Install TUI.oaf does not do anything since
TUI.oaf is not conatined in the distribution. It also would not work
with the package from older systems or the PluginOberon system since the
configuration is not compatible. But here is how it works:

Open the Oberon.Text by executing the command "Oberon.Text"

you get a Textframe where you can edit the system settings concerning
Oberon. (settings concerning Aos (one layer below Oberon) are in located
in Aos.Text)
Edit the InitCommands section as follows (you may change whatever you like).

    InitCommands=
    {
        {
            Oberon.OpenDisplay maximized
        }
        {
            TextFrames.ReplaceSystemEditor
        }
        {
            Configuration.Marker set system
        }
        {
            System.OpenLog
        }
        {
            Configuration.Marker set system
        }
        {
            System.Open System.Tool
        }
        {
            Configuration.Marker set system
        }
        {
            System.OpenKernelLog
        }
        {
            TextPopups.Install
        }
        {
            EditKeys.Read EditKeys.Text
        }
        {
            Configuration.Marker set user
        }
        {
            Miscellaneous.OpenCmdLineDocs
        }
        {
            Desktops.OpenDoc Distribution.Text
        }
    }

}

After having edited the Oberon.Text do not forget to store the file and
call "Oberon.ReadConfiguration", otherwise the old Oberon.Text file is
written back to disk. (alternative: edit Oberon.Text with an editor
outside Oberon)

This should do it,
sorry for the inconvenience,

Felix.