[Oberon] Occasional data transfer between boxes ?

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Mon Aug 8 22:56:33 CEST 2005

Hi,

the previous floppy disk method of transfering data between
'boxes' is becoming increasingly unsatisfactory.

Often the hardware is mechanically incompatabily aligned,
 so that write on device A won't read in device B.

n-o has no recovery from fd0 errors, in that the device keeps
spinning after error detection.  I don't want my fd0s to continue
running/wearing so I pull-it's-plug-out until the next reboot.

To transfer from a 'notebook' which doesn't have a fd0
[increasingly common in future] DOS's interlink via the
serial port is good.   Did anybody transfer from DOS to
n-o's  V24.Panel ?

It looks as if 'USB-sticks' will be the method in the near
future ?  It's a bit absurd for me to email a 500Kb text file
to myself to move it 3 meters to a different box.

Fixed networks, too are not flexible enough, when the
boxes are being moved around.

Thanks for any advice.

== Chris Glur.