[Oberon] Notebook and Bluebottle (2)

shark shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca
Mon Aug 22 17:31:59 CEST 2005

Edgar,

> I have a new Fujitsu/Siemens Amilo L7300 notebook.

Must be nice.  =8~)

> Any more ideas what to do with this hardware ?

You can put Aos BootMan on the most convenient
bootable medium (a usb storage?).  A brief
instruction is at the end of AosInst.Tool.  The
two *.Bin files are in AosSys.zip.  Kernel and
applications are not needed to check video.

Test this medium on a convenient machine.  If
you set ScrollLock during startup, BootMan
will pause, identify partitions and tell you a
few prompts.  One of the prompts will invoke a
list of video modes.  Useable and non-useable
modes are distinguished.

>From there, installation will probably be easy.

Seems BootMan was written by André.  Thanks André!

Regards,        ... Peter