[Oberon] Re: LinAos

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Mon Sep 5 19:30:37 CEST 2005

Peter Matthias wrote:-
> Actually, he is still reading this list..., although not doing much with
> Oberon since the latest release.
>
> LNO still works when you use the framebuffer (I am using latest Slackware).
> If someone needs information about installing LNO you can reach me at
> PeterMatthias (at) web.de .

Is 'framebuffer' some special video technology ?
I've just checked LNO V2.3.6 runs under RedHat6.2.
My log below shows how it fail under mandrake9. [ install is OK]

'We' don't just want instructions to run LNO, but also
technology-transfer to create LinAos.
I for one, won't invest in  WinAos because it will become
'incompatible with the current  Win version again too soon'.

== Chris Glur.

oberon.log  ==
08052728 Kernel
080501F8 Linux0
  BFFFF820  08050000  08C4F000
(GC 0ms CG)
GetConfig: Disk=""
Trying to open DOS format disk:
GetConfig: TraverseDisk=yes
GetConfig: Prefix=""
GetConfig: DiskGC=20
>> received signal nr. 11 at signal handling level 1
TRAP -4
 CS:=00000023 DS:=0000002B ES:=0000002B SS:=0000002B CR0=?------? FPS=?------?
 EIP=00000000 ESI=08069E71 EDI=BFFFF7DD ESP=BFFFF7F0 CR2=00000000 SBT=BFFFF820
 EAX=00000000 EBX=00000000 ECX=4001EB78 EDX=00000000 CR3=?------? KFL=?------?
 EBP=BFFFF818 FS:=00000000 GS:=00000000 ERR=00000004 CR4=?------? TCK=002C637A

Unknown module
Halt 5 - Trap