[Oberon] Newbie question re. BB

Rene Krywult rene.krywult at aon.at
Fri Sep 16 13:09:02 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm Rene A Krywult from Vienna, Austria, Europe. I've been using Oberon
System on and off since 1992. It all started for me with Oberon-2 for
the Amiga. I then switched to PC where I used the Oberon System, later I
switched to BlackBox. In the last years,  iused Oberon for Windows, but
now I want to switch to Bluebottle (native, not the Win-version).
So here is my question:
The CD  (Aos last stable) boots fine, and everything is cool. I can use
my USB-stick, and my IDE1 has two partitions. The first one is 100MB in
size, Aos-formatted. The other is FAT. Both can be mounted and work OK.
So, now I want to use IDE1#01 (Aos-formatted) as boot volume.

I did the steps described, including changing the Boot.Bin and the
Aos.Par (I only changed the boot-volume) and executed the command to
update the configuration. Now, when I start the computer, the boot
manager lets me select Bluebottle, and then it starts booting and stops
writing "OBE". From the AosSetup.Text of the WinBluebottle I gathered
that something is wrong in the Aos.Par. Is there a way to get the exact
configuration used by the CD? Partitions.GetConfig doesn't work (I
gather that's because of block size).

Another topic: I tried to download the crazy, the donwload worked fine.
Then I unZIPped it and mounted the ISO with Virtual Daemon Manager 3.44.
The mounted volume is empty. Any ideas?

Thanks

Rene